"After all I am a proper Zionist Jew" by Gilad Atzmon

"Yes, I am a survivor, for I have managed to survive all the scary accounts of the Holocaust: the one about the soap (1), the one about the lamp shades, the one about the camps, the mass shooting, the one about the gas (2) and the one about the death march (3). I just managed to survive them all." (more here)

Gilad Atzmon, living proof that pen and saxaphone are mightier than the white phosphorous sword, will join me on the radio Tuesday, November 10th. Meanwhile, two of my other favorite "proper Zionist Jews," Richard Falk and Philip Weiss, will join me this Saturday 10/31 and next Tuesday 11/3 respectively. (Check out Weiss introducing Falk's recent essay on why "Goldstone is a historic blow in the war Israel is losing - the 'Legitimacy War.'")

Judaism's great ethical tradition, which teaches us to question everything (even 9/11 and Zionism!), is slightly the worse for wear these days, but it proudly lives on in Gilad Atzmon, Richard Falk, and Philip Weiss. (Not to mention Anna Baltzer, new star of the Daily Show, who I hope to have back on my show soon!)